Pilates is a journey of self-awareness. It encompasses the physical, emotional, cognitive and spiritual aspects of our being. It is journey of discovery, a way to learning to stop and listen, to be present in your body. All this takes time, commitment to practice and effort. Physical symptoms could often manifest what is going on in your life. Pain is the body’s way of telling us that something is wrong. How often are our shoulders tight or we have pain the neck? Has that something to do with the people we are with or the job we do. Sometimes we don’t listen to these warnings, because if we do, if might mean that we need to change and leave our “comfort zone”. However, if you want to take responsibility for your own health and well-being, Pilates and IMT® could be one of the best decisions you ever made.
Pilates is different from any other exercise system. It was created by Joseph Pilates (1880-1967) with six principles in mind: centering, control, breath, flow, precision and concentration. It’s an approach to fitness that develops strength, flexibility and balance.
Benefits of Pilates and IMT®
• creates longer leaner muscles (without bulk)
• improves deep core strength, flexibility, balance and endurance
• improves co-ordination and circulation
• significantly corrects posture
• improves neuromuscular co-ordination
• reduces stress and relieves tension
• enhances body awareness
• promotes recovery from strain or injury
• improves the way our bodies look and feel