Reasons for using a foam roller
Beyond using a foam roller as a therapeutic tool, you can also use it for a variety of exercises. I have been using foam roller during teaching and my students/clients love it. It’s especially useful for a number of core-strengthening and stabilizing postures and movements. Foam rollers are inexpensive, lightweight and versatile, being ideal for a home workout or studio. The foam rollers are put to all kinds of uses, such as stretching, self-massage, body support, and stability exercises. Foam roller exercises provide the following benefits:
- Discover your personal body-mind-soul connection areas in your body that needs the work. The link between the body and emotions is a significant factor for health in your life.
- Remove knots in muscles
- Increase blood flow to the area in need of healing.
- Increased awareness of each side of your body, which side is weaker and which side is tighter, so that you can work on re-balancing your body.
- Builds core strength without doing endless and unnecessary crunches.
- Aligns your spine and releases tension in. your back muscles.
- Overall feeling of well-being is immediate after only one session on a foam roller.